Explosion at Syria's Aleppo university kills 15 - group
BEIRUT Jan 15 (Reuters) - At least 15 people were killed and dozens wounded in two explosions that rocked the University of Aleppo in Syria's second largest city on Tuesday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
State television described the explosion at the university which lies in the government-controlled area, as a "terrorist attack".
Rebels have used car bombs and suicide attacks in fighting government forces and attacking government-controlled areas.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand