- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Ugandan economy set to grow 6-7 pct in medium term -IMF
KAMPALA Jan 15 (Reuters) - Uganda's tight monetary stance to combat inflation has sharply slowed economic growth but medium-term growth will reach its potential level of 6 percent to 7 percent in the medium term, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said.
"This objective needs to be underpinned by a higher contribution of private investment," the IMF said in a statement late on Monday.
The Washington-based body also said the recent theft of donor funds in east Africa's third biggest economy, which led to some donors suspending aid, signalled the need for a more radical fight against graft.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this