United Tech's Pratt arm laying off 350 staffers
BOSTON Jan 15 (Reuters) - The Pratt & Whitney jet engine unit of diversified U.S. manufacturer United Technologies Corp said on Tuesday it was laying off 350 workers in a cost-cutting move.
About 200 of the job cuts will come in Connecticut, where United Tech is based.
"Taking necessary actions to manage our cost structure, while continuing to invest in new programs, positions Pratt & Whitney for the long term," the company said in a statement.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |