- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
French armored column leaves Bamako for north Mali
BAMAKO (Reuters) - A column of French armored vehicles has left the Malian capital Bamako, heading north towards territory controlled by Islamist rebels, a French military official said on Tuesday.
"A convoy of armored vehicles left this afternoon heading north," the official, who asked not to be named, told Reuters without providing further details.
It was the first such movement since France began a military operation on Friday to halt a southward advance by the alliance of Islamist groups.
(Reporting By Bate Felix; writing by Daniel Flynn; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this