Alcatel gets network contract worth over $1 bln from India's Reliance Comm
MUMBAI Jan 16 (Reuters) - Reliance Communications Ltd , India's No. 3 mobile phone carrier by customers, said on Wednesday it would award a multi-year contract valued at more than $1 billion to Franco-American telecommunications equipment maker Alcatel-Lucent to manage its network.
Alcatel-Lucent currently operates a joint venture with Reliance Communications to manage the Indian carrier's network. (Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets