Alcatel gets network contract worth over $1 bln from India's Reliance Comm
MUMBAI Jan 16 (Reuters) - Reliance Communications Ltd , India's No. 3 mobile phone carrier by customers, said on Wednesday it would award a multi-year contract valued at more than $1 billion to Franco-American telecommunications equipment maker Alcatel-Lucent to manage its network.
Alcatel-Lucent currently operates a joint venture with Reliance Communications to manage the Indian carrier's network. (Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap