JGC Corp source confirms 5 Japanese kidnapped in Algeria- Jiji
TOKYO Jan 16 (Reuters) - A source at a Japanese engineering firm JGC Corp. confirmed that five Japanese nationals were kidnapped in Algeria on Wednesday, Japan's Jiji news agency said.
JGC is involved in gas production work at Ain Amenas in southern Algeria.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program