Norwegian among kidnapped in Algeria - newspaper
OSLO Jan 16 (Reuters) - A Norwegian gas worker is among those kidnapped by Islamist militants in Algeria, regional newspaper Bergens Tidende said on Wednesday, quoting the man's wife.
"I received a phone call from my husband this morning and he said he was kidnapped," the woman, who was not identified by the paper, was quoted as saying. The Norwegian Foreign Ministry could not confirm the report.
Islamist militants attacked a gas production field in Algeria on Wednesday, kidnapping at least seven foreigners and killing a French national, local and company officials said.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official