Algeria rules out negotiating with hostage-takers
ALGIERS Jan 16 (Reuters) - Algeria ruled out negotiating with Islamists who took dozens of hostages on Wednesday at a gas facility in the southern desert.
"The Algerian authorities will not respond to the demands of the terrorists and will not negotiate," Interior Minister Daho Ould Kablia was quoted as saying by official news agency APS.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts