American Air parent AMR posts quarterly profit
Jan 16 (Reuters) - American Airlines parent AMR Corp on Wednesday reported a fourth-quarter profit against a year-earlier loss, aided by cost-cutting from its bankruptcy restructuring.
Net income was $262 million, or 69 cents a share, compared with a loss of $1.1 billion, or $3.27 a share, a year earlier.
Quarterly revenue eased 0.3 percent to $5.9 billion.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House