American Air parent AMR posts quarterly profit
Jan 16 (Reuters) - American Airlines parent AMR Corp on Wednesday reported a fourth-quarter profit against a year-earlier loss, aided by cost-cutting from its bankruptcy restructuring.
Net income was $262 million, or 69 cents a share, compared with a loss of $1.1 billion, or $3.27 a share, a year earlier.
Quarterly revenue eased 0.3 percent to $5.9 billion.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |