American Air parent AMR posts quarterly profit
Jan 16 (Reuters) - American Airlines parent AMR Corp on Wednesday reported a fourth-quarter profit against a year-earlier loss, aided by cost-cutting from its bankruptcy restructuring.
Net income was $262 million, or 69 cents a share, compared with a loss of $1.1 billion, or $3.27 a share, a year earlier.
Quarterly revenue eased 0.3 percent to $5.9 billion.
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |