American Air parent AMR posts quarterly profit
Jan 16 (Reuters) - American Airlines parent AMR Corp on Wednesday reported a fourth-quarter profit against a year-earlier loss, aided by cost-cutting from its bankruptcy restructuring.
Net income was $262 million, or 69 cents a share, compared with a loss of $1.1 billion, or $3.27 a share, a year earlier.
Quarterly revenue eased 0.3 percent to $5.9 billion.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official