CORRECTED-Barry Callebaut confirms growth targets
(Corrects percentage fall in second paragraph)
ZURICH Jan 16 (Reuters) - Barry Callebaut AG, the world's biggest maker of chocolate and cocoa products, confirmed its medium-term growth targets on Wednesday after an 8.3 percent rise in first-quarter sales volumes beat expectations.
Sales revenue fell 0.6 percent to 1.248 billion Swiss francs ($1.35 billion), short of a forecast for 1.38 billion francs in a Reuters poll as the growth of its global sourcing and cocoa business was hit by the expansion of some factories.
($1 = 0.9277 Swiss francs)
(Reporting by Emma Thomasson)
- More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks: coastguard
- Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks |
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |