CBS to convert Americas outdoor unit into REIT
Jan 16 (Reuters) - CBS Corp said it will convert its Outdoor Americas division into a real estate investment trust (REIT) and divest the outdoor operations in Europe and Asia.
The Europe and Asia outdoor business is a discontinued operation, as of Dec. 31, 2012, the company said.
CBS shares were up 7 percent in extended trading, after closing at $38.1 on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command