Cerberus raises about $1.7 bln by selling Japan's Aozora stake
HONG KONG Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP has raised about $1.7 billion by selling shares in Japan's Aozora Bank Ltd, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
Aozora sold the shares at 231 yen each, a 3.3 percent discount to Wednesday's closing price, the terms showed.
Cerberus, which has been the controlling shareholder in the mid-sized Japanese lender for much of the past decade, launched the sale on Jan 7.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid