Cerberus raises about $1.7 bln by selling Japan's Aozora stake
HONG KONG Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP has raised about $1.7 billion by selling shares in Japan's Aozora Bank Ltd, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
Aozora sold the shares at 231 yen each, a 3.3 percent discount to Wednesday's closing price, the terms showed.
Cerberus, which has been the controlling shareholder in the mid-sized Japanese lender for much of the past decade, launched the sale on Jan 7.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Nationalist leader says Scots tricked out of independence
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |