Cerberus raises about $1.7 bln by selling Japan's Aozora stake
HONG KONG Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP has raised about $1.7 billion by selling shares in Japan's Aozora Bank Ltd, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
Aozora sold the shares at 231 yen each, a 3.3 percent discount to Wednesday's closing price, the terms showed.
Cerberus, which has been the controlling shareholder in the mid-sized Japanese lender for much of the past decade, launched the sale on Jan 7.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane