Cerberus raises about $1.7 bln by selling Japan's Aozora stake
HONG KONG Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP has raised about $1.7 billion by selling shares in Japan's Aozora Bank Ltd, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
Aozora sold the shares at 231 yen each, a 3.3 percent discount to Wednesday's closing price, the terms showed.
Cerberus, which has been the controlling shareholder in the mid-sized Japanese lender for much of the past decade, launched the sale on Jan 7.
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study