ECB's Asmussen sees no euro zone price pressures
STUTTGART, Germany Jan 16 (Reuters) - The European Central Bank sees no inflationary pressures in the euro zone at the moment but will act as soon as price pressures emerge, Executive Board member Joerg Asmussen said on Wednesday.
"We see no inflationary pressure today, but rest assured that if we see signs of increased inflationary pressure, we will act immediately," Asmussen said during a speech at the University of Hohenheim.
The ECB Governing Council decided unanimously last week to leave the euro zone interest rates unchanged at 0.75 percent, pointing to signs of stabilisation in financial markets, yet still a weak economic recovery.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |