S.Korea's Hyundai Heavy wins $600 mln order from Seaspan
SEOUL Jan 16 (Reuters) - Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd of South Korea said on Wednesday that it won a $600 million order from Seaspan Corp for five container ships of 14,000 twenty-foot-equivalent units (TEU) each.
The world's largest shipbuilder said in a news release that the contract included an option exercisable by the owner to order five additional container ships of the same class to be built by Hyundai Heavy.
Upon delivery scheduled from 2015, the vessels will be chartered to the Taiwan's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp on a long-term contract, Hyundai Heavy said.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Vote delayed on loan guarantee for World Trade Center developer
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs seven-for-one stock split