IMF approves 3.24 billion euro loan tranche to Greece
WASHINGTON Jan 16 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund on Wednesday approved a loan disbursement of 3.24 billion euros to Greece after months of uncertainty over the country's painful austerity and reform program.
Greece avoided financial collapse last month after its European backers agreed to dole out more financial support and the IMF said it would continue to back Greece as long as it implemented promises under a joint IMF-EU financing package.
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry sinking |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Wall Street gains on Yellen comments and Yahoo; BofA falls