IMF approves 3.24 billion euro loan tranche to Greece
WASHINGTON Jan 16 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund on Wednesday approved a loan disbursement of 3.24 billion euros to Greece after months of uncertainty over the country's painful austerity and reform program.
Greece avoided financial collapse last month after its European backers agreed to dole out more financial support and the IMF said it would continue to back Greece as long as it implemented promises under a joint IMF-EU financing package.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years