IMF approves 3.24 billion euro loan tranche to Greece
WASHINGTON Jan 16 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund on Wednesday approved a loan disbursement of 3.24 billion euros to Greece after months of uncertainty over the country's painful austerity and reform program.
Greece avoided financial collapse last month after its European backers agreed to dole out more financial support and the IMF said it would continue to back Greece as long as it implemented promises under a joint IMF-EU financing package.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement