JPMorgan reports higher quarterly profits
NEW YORK Jan 16 (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co on Wednesday reported an increase in fourth-quarter profits as the biggest U.S. bank made more home loans.
Net income rose to $5.69 billion, or $1.39 a share, from $3.73 billion, or 90 cents a share, a year earlier. Results for both periods included special items. (Reporting by David Henry in New York and Rick Rothacker in Charlotte, North Carolina; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea