Dollar falls 1 percent on day versus yen
LONDON Jan 16 (Reuters) - The dollar fell 1 percent versus the yen on Wednesday, extending losses as investors took profit on the Japanese currency's recent sharp rise.
The dollar fell to 87.825 yen on trading platform EBS, with market players reporting supporting bids at 87.80 yen.
The euro also retreated against the Japanese currency, falling 1.4 percent on the day to 116.53 yen.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls