Dollar falls 1 percent on day versus yen
LONDON Jan 16 (Reuters) - The dollar fell 1 percent versus the yen on Wednesday, extending losses as investors took profit on the Japanese currency's recent sharp rise.
The dollar fell to 87.825 yen on trading platform EBS, with market players reporting supporting bids at 87.80 yen.
The euro also retreated against the Japanese currency, falling 1.4 percent on the day to 116.53 yen.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team