Dollar falls 1 percent on day versus yen
LONDON Jan 16 (Reuters) - The dollar fell 1 percent versus the yen on Wednesday, extending losses as investors took profit on the Japanese currency's recent sharp rise.
The dollar fell to 87.825 yen on trading platform EBS, with market players reporting supporting bids at 87.80 yen.
The euro also retreated against the Japanese currency, falling 1.4 percent on the day to 116.53 yen.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry