Hong Kong shares to open flat, local property sector climbs
HONG KONG Jan 16 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start flat on Wednesday, with strength in local property stocks ahead of an annual policy address by the territory's chief executive offsetting weakness in Chinese insurance and property sectors.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open steady at 23,390.2. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start down 0.3 percent.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media