Nikkei falls as profit-taking hits exporters
TOKYO, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Wednesday, set to snap a four-day winning streak as investors took profits on exporters from a pause in the yen's weakness. The Nikkei dropped 0.8 percent to 10,788.28, and the broader Topix shed 0.6 percent to 900.86.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Vote delayed on loan guarantee for World Trade Center developer
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets