Nikkei falls as profit-taking hits exporters
TOKYO, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Wednesday, set to snap a four-day winning streak as investors took profits on exporters from a pause in the yen's weakness. The Nikkei dropped 0.8 percent to 10,788.28, and the broader Topix shed 0.6 percent to 900.86.
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes