Manila's PLDT says sees deal to sell outsourcing unit to CVC soon
MANILA Jan 16 (Reuters) - Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co (PLDT) expects to forge a deal soon with private equity firm CVC Capital Partners Ltd to sell a stake in its business process outsourcing unit, SPi Global Holdings, PLDT's chairman said on Wednesday.
PLDT, the country's second-most valuable listed firm, is in exclusive talks with CVC to sell 80 percent of its wholly owned unit.
"Yes...maybe we'll have a deal in the next few weeks," Manuel Pangilinan, PLDT's chairman, told Reuters on the sidelines of a company event when asked about the status of the exclusive talks.
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- UPDATE 8-U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports