PRESS DIGEST - Financial Times - Jan 16
LONDON, Jan 16 (Reuters) -
SPAIN URGES GERMANY TO BOOST GROWTH
POTENTIAL BUYERS CIRCLE STRICKEN HMV
CLARKE STEPS UP PRO-EU RHETORIC
SILVER LAKE AT CENTRE OF DELL DEAL TALKS
In an interview, Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said creditor countries in the euro zone should do more to stimulate growth.
Retail restructuring group Hilco, Jon Moulton's Better Capital, and private equity firms Endless and Oakley Capital are among those eyeing HMV after it went into administration.
Pro-European minister and ex-Chancellor Ken Clarke said that a referendum on Britain's future in the European Union would be a gamble.
Talks on a buyout of PC maker Dell are focused around private equity firm Silver Lake.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media