PRESS DIGEST - Financial Times - Jan 16
LONDON, Jan 16 (Reuters) -
SPAIN URGES GERMANY TO BOOST GROWTH
POTENTIAL BUYERS CIRCLE STRICKEN HMV
CLARKE STEPS UP PRO-EU RHETORIC
SILVER LAKE AT CENTRE OF DELL DEAL TALKS
In an interview, Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said creditor countries in the euro zone should do more to stimulate growth.
Retail restructuring group Hilco, Jon Moulton's Better Capital, and private equity firms Endless and Oakley Capital are among those eyeing HMV after it went into administration.
Pro-European minister and ex-Chancellor Ken Clarke said that a referendum on Britain's future in the European Union would be a gamble.
Talks on a buyout of PC maker Dell are focused around private equity firm Silver Lake.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |