Solvay says still sees significant uncertainty in Europe
BRUSSELS Jan 16 (Reuters) - European markets are still beset by significant uncertainty, while markets elsewhere were broadly fine, the chief executive of Solvay said on Wednesday.
"Still (seeing) significant uncertanty in Europe, the rest of the world is doing well," Chief Executive Jean-Pierre Clamadieu told a news conference in Brussels. "The U.S. automotive industry is doing very well."
He added the company was looking at smaller 'bolt-on' purchases to boost its business in the short term.
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ