Solvay says still sees significant uncertainty in Europe
BRUSSELS Jan 16 (Reuters) - European markets are still beset by significant uncertainty, while markets elsewhere were broadly fine, the chief executive of Solvay said on Wednesday.
"Still (seeing) significant uncertanty in Europe, the rest of the world is doing well," Chief Executive Jean-Pierre Clamadieu told a news conference in Brussels. "The U.S. automotive industry is doing very well."
He added the company was looking at smaller 'bolt-on' purchases to boost its business in the short term.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image