RPT-Solvay says still sees significant uncertainty in Europe
(Repeats to attach to alert)
BRUSSELS Jan 16 (Reuters) - European markets are still beset by significant uncertainty, while markets elsewhere were broadly fine, the chief executive of Solvay said on Wednesday.
"Still (seeing) significant uncertanty in Europe, the rest of the world is doing well," Chief Executive Jean-Pierre Clamadieu told a news conference in Brussels. "The U.S. automotive industry is doing very well."
He added the company was looking at smaller 'bolt-on' purchases to boost its business in the short term.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |