RPT-Solvay says still sees significant uncertainty in Europe
(Repeats to attach to alert)
BRUSSELS Jan 16 (Reuters) - European markets are still beset by significant uncertainty, while markets elsewhere were broadly fine, the chief executive of Solvay said on Wednesday.
"Still (seeing) significant uncertanty in Europe, the rest of the world is doing well," Chief Executive Jean-Pierre Clamadieu told a news conference in Brussels. "The U.S. automotive industry is doing very well."
He added the company was looking at smaller 'bolt-on' purchases to boost its business in the short term.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers