Syria, Iran agree $1 bln credit facility - Syrian TV
BEIRUT Jan 16 (Reuters) - Syria and Iran have agreed a $1 billion credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development Bank of Iran, Syrian state television reported on Wednesday.
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi was in Iran on Wednesday, meeting officials.
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push