Japan Transport Ministry says ANA Dreamliner incident serious
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Transport Ministry considers the emergency landing of an All Nippon Airway's Boeing 787 jet a major incident that could have led to an accident, Kyodo news agency reported on Wednesday.
ANA and Japan Airlines are grounding all Dreamliners after the ANA flight made an emergency landing when instruments indicated a battery error and an unusual smell was detected in the cockpit and cabin.
(Reporting by Tokyo Newsroom; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets