Irishman among oil-workers kidnapped in Algeria: govt
DUBLIN (Reuters) - An Irishman was among a group of gas workers kidnapped in Algeria on Wednesday, Ireland's Foreign Minister Eamon Gilmore said, demanding his immediate release.
Gilmore's department said the man was an Irish national from Northern Ireland and that the government was in close contact with its international partners to establish what had happened.
"The government stands ready to use all the resources available to us to ensure that our citizen is released as soon as possible," Gilmore, who is also deputy prime minister, said in a statement. (Reporting by Padraic Halpin; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan