Irishman among oil-workers kidnapped in Algeria: govt
DUBLIN (Reuters) - An Irishman was among a group of gas workers kidnapped in Algeria on Wednesday, Ireland's Foreign Minister Eamon Gilmore said, demanding his immediate release.
Gilmore's department said the man was an Irish national from Northern Ireland and that the government was in close contact with its international partners to establish what had happened.
"The government stands ready to use all the resources available to us to ensure that our citizen is released as soon as possible," Gilmore, who is also deputy prime minister, said in a statement. (Reporting by Padraic Halpin; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet