Irishman among oil-workers kidnapped in Algeria: govt
DUBLIN (Reuters) - An Irishman was among a group of gas workers kidnapped in Algeria on Wednesday, Ireland's Foreign Minister Eamon Gilmore said, demanding his immediate release.
Gilmore's department said the man was an Irish national from Northern Ireland and that the government was in close contact with its international partners to establish what had happened.
"The government stands ready to use all the resources available to us to ensure that our citizen is released as soon as possible," Gilmore, who is also deputy prime minister, said in a statement. (Reporting by Padraic Halpin; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |