JGC Corp source confirms 5 Japanese kidnapped in Algeria: Jiji
TOKYO (Reuters) - A source at a Japanese engineering firm JGC Corp. confirmed that five Japanese nationals were kidnapped in Algeria on Wednesday, Japan's Jiji news agency said.
JGC is involved in gas production work at Ain Amenas in southern Algeria. (Reporting by Antoni Slodkowski; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |