Norwegian among kidnapped in Algeria: newspaper
OSLO (Reuters) - A Norwegian gas worker is among those kidnapped by Islamist militants in Algeria, regional newspaper Bergens Tidende said on Wednesday, quoting the man's wife.
"I received a phone call from my husband this morning and he said he was kidnapped," the woman, who was not identified by the paper, was quoted as saying. The Norwegian Foreign Ministry could not confirm the report.
Islamist militants attacked a gas production field in Algeria on Wednesday, kidnapping at least seven foreigners and killing a French national, local and company officials said. (Reporting by Balazs Koranyi)
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |