Algeria rules out negotiating with hostage-takers
ALGIERS (Reuters) - Algeria ruled out negotiating with Islamists who took dozens of hostages on Wednesday at a gas facility in the southern desert.
"The Algerian authorities will not respond to the demands of the terrorists and will not negotiate," Interior Minister Daho Ould Kablia was quoted as saying by official news agency APS.
(Reporting By Lamine Chikhi; Editing by Alastair Macdonald)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016