Syria, Iran agree $1 billion credit facility: Syrian TV
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syria and Iran have agreed a $1 billion credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development Bank of Iran, Syrian state television reported on Wednesday.
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi was in Iran on Wednesday, meeting officials. (Reporting by Oliver Holmes; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |