- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- UPDATE 2-United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
- U.S. doctor group votes to recognize obesity as a disease
Wendy's fourth-quarter profit rises
(Reuters) - Wendy's Co (WEN.O), the second-largest U.S. hamburger chain, reported a higher quarterly profit, helped by new menu items like Dave's Hot 'n Juicy cheeseburgers and spruced-up restaurants.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $22.4 million, or 6 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $3.98 million, or 1 cent per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, Wendy's earned 8 cents per share.
Revenue rose 2 percent to $629.9 million.
Sales at established company-operated restaurants in North America fell 0.2 percent.
(Reporting By Lisa Baertlein in Los Angeles and Chris Peters in Bangalore)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this