U.S. Interior Secretary Salazar says stepping down
WASHINGTON Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar on Wednesday said he will step down from the post at the end of March.
"I look forward to returning to my family and Colorado," Salazar said in a statement.
The Interior Department oversees management of federal lands - including energy extraction - and is the key agency for Native American issues.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East