U.S. Bancorp posts higher 4th-qtr profit
Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. Bancorp, the fifth-largest U.S. commercial bank by assets, reported a slightly higher quarterly profit on higher commercial and real-estate lending.
The bank said net income for common shareholders rose to $1.35 billion, or 72 cents per share, for the fourth quarter from $1.31 billion, or 69 cents per share, a year earlier.
Shares of the Minneapolis-based bank closed at $33.28 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone