U.S. Bancorp posts higher 4th-qtr profit
Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. Bancorp, the fifth-largest U.S. commercial bank by assets, reported a slightly higher quarterly profit on higher commercial and real-estate lending.
The bank said net income for common shareholders rose to $1.35 billion, or 72 cents per share, for the fourth quarter from $1.31 billion, or 69 cents per share, a year earlier.
Shares of the Minneapolis-based bank closed at $33.28 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions