U.S. Bancorp posts higher 4th-qtr profit
Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. Bancorp, the fifth-largest U.S. commercial bank by assets, reported a slightly higher quarterly profit on higher commercial and real-estate lending.
The bank said net income for common shareholders rose to $1.35 billion, or 72 cents per share, for the fourth quarter from $1.31 billion, or 69 cents per share, a year earlier.
Shares of the Minneapolis-based bank closed at $33.28 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. hospital to discharge doctor treated with experimental Ebola drug
- Calm largely holds in Missouri after grand jury opens shooting investigation |