U.S. Bancorp posts higher 4th-qtr profit
Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. Bancorp, the fifth-largest U.S. commercial bank by assets, reported a slightly higher quarterly profit on higher commercial and real-estate lending.
The bank said net income for common shareholders rose to $1.35 billion, or 72 cents per share, for the fourth quarter from $1.31 billion, or 69 cents per share, a year earlier.
Shares of the Minneapolis-based bank closed at $33.28 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |