Sun Life, Khazanah to buy Aviva's Malaysian insurance JV for C$586 mln
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Canada's Sun Life Financial Inc and Malaysian state investor Khazanah will buy 98 percent of Aviva Plc's Malaysian insurance joint venture with lender CIMB for C$586 million ($594 million).
Sun Life and Khazanah will each pay C$293 million, the Canadian company said in a statement.
Sources told Reuters on Sunday that Sun Life and Khazanah had agreed to buy Aviva's Malaysian insurance joint venture.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |