BB&T profit rises on higher income from mortgage banking
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Regional bank BB&T Corp's quarterly profit rose 29 percent on higher income from its mortgage banking business.
Net income available to common shareholders rose to $506 million, or 71 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $391 million, or 55 cents per share, a year earlier.
Mortgage banking income rose 71 percent to $231 million.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales