BB&T profit rises on higher income from mortgage banking
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Regional bank BB&T Corp's quarterly profit rose 29 percent on higher income from its mortgage banking business.
Net income available to common shareholders rose to $506 million, or 71 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $391 million, or 55 cents per share, a year earlier.
Mortgage banking income rose 71 percent to $231 million.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions