BB&T profit rises on higher income from mortgage banking
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Regional bank BB&T Corp's quarterly profit rose 29 percent on higher income from its mortgage banking business.
Net income available to common shareholders rose to $506 million, or 71 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $391 million, or 55 cents per share, a year earlier.
Mortgage banking income rose 71 percent to $231 million.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |