BB&T profit rises on higher income from mortgage banking
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Regional bank BB&T Corp's quarterly profit rose 29 percent on higher income from its mortgage banking business.
Net income available to common shareholders rose to $506 million, or 71 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $391 million, or 55 cents per share, a year earlier.
Mortgage banking income rose 71 percent to $231 million.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl