Japan to ground Dreamliners in line with FAA decision
TOKYO Jan 17 (Reuters) - Japan will ground Boeing Co's 787 Dreamliner jets for an indefinite period following a similar decision by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, Japanese Transport Ministry Vice Minister Hiroshi Kajiyama said on Thursday.
The FAA decided on Wednesday to temporarily ground 787s after a second incident involving battery failures caused one of the Dreamliner passenger jets to make an emergency landing in Japan.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- UPDATE 4-Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading