Japan to ground Dreamliners in line with FAA decision
TOKYO Jan 17 (Reuters) - Japan will ground Boeing Co's 787 Dreamliner jets for an indefinite period following a similar decision by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, Japanese Transport Ministry Vice Minister Hiroshi Kajiyama said on Thursday.
The FAA decided on Wednesday to temporarily ground 787s after a second incident involving battery failures caused one of the Dreamliner passenger jets to make an emergency landing in Japan.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994