JTSB: Battery from ANA 787 flight blackened, carbonised on inside -Kyodo
TOKYO Jan 17 (Reuters) - Japan Transport Safety Board said the battery onboard All Nippon Airways Co Ltd's Boeing 787 flight was blackened and carbonised on the inside, Kyodo News said on Thursday.
The JTSB inspector told reporters at Takamatsu Airport in western Japan, where the ANA flight made an emergency landing on Wednesday, that the battery had leaked oil and was five kg lighter than usual, Kyodo said.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia