Olympics-Armstrong stripped of 2000 bronze - IOC
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his 2000 Olympic bronze medal, an International Olympic Committee (IOC) official told Reuters on Thursday.
American Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life by the International Cycling Union (UCI) after riders testified that he took drugs.
He is due to appear on U.S. television later on Thursday and reports say he will confess. (Reporting by Kralos Grohmann; Writing by Mark Meadows, editing by Ed Osmond)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner