Olympics-Armstrong stripped of 2000 bronze - IOC
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his 2000 Olympic bronze medal, an International Olympic Committee (IOC) official told Reuters on Thursday.
American Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life by the International Cycling Union (UCI) after riders testified that he took drugs.
He is due to appear on U.S. television later on Thursday and reports say he will confess. (Reporting by Kralos Grohmann; Writing by Mark Meadows, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine