Olympics-Armstrong stripped of 2000 bronze - IOC
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his 2000 Olympic bronze medal, an International Olympic Committee (IOC) official told Reuters on Thursday.
American Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life by the International Cycling Union (UCI) after riders testified that he took drugs.
He is due to appear on U.S. television later on Thursday and reports say he will confess. (Reporting by Kralos Grohmann; Writing by Mark Meadows, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Rescuers seek survivors after NY building collapse; seven dead
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ