Intel fourth-quarter revenue meets expectations
SAN FRANCISCO Jan 17 (Reuters) - Intel Corp posted fourth-quarter revenue of $13.5 billion and net earnings of $2.5 billion, or 48 cents a share, as the personal computer industry wrestles with falling sales and a shift toward tablets and smartphones.
Analysts had expected $13.533 billion in revenue for the fourth quarter, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The world's largest chipmaker forecast first-quarter revenue of $12.7 billion, plus or minus $500 million. Analysts had expected $12.910 billion for the current quarter.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |