- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Large U.S. retailers sue Visa, MasterCard over card fees
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
Japan LDP's Ishiba: yen is escaping from excessive gains
TOKYO Jan 17 (Reuters) - Japan's currency is in the process of escaping from excessive appreciation, Shigeru Ishiba, secretary general of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party, said on Thursday.
Ishiba, the party's number-two official, also said in a speech that it is important for the government to enact measures that lead to higher incomes for people to feel that the economy is improving.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this