- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Japan LDP's Ishiba: yen is escaping from excessive gains
TOKYO Jan 17 (Reuters) - Japan's currency is in the process of escaping from excessive appreciation, Shigeru Ishiba, secretary general of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party, said on Thursday.
Ishiba, the party's number-two official, also said in a speech that it is important for the government to enact measures that lead to higher incomes for people to feel that the economy is improving.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this