EURO GOVT-Bunds fall as investors bet on strong Spanish auction
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - Bund futures reversed early gains in choppy trade on Thursday, with investors betting on a strong Spanish bond auction later in the day.
Bund futures were last 11 ticks lower on the day at 143.26, having traded in a 143.27 - 143.62 range earlier in the session. Italian and Spanish bond yields were slightly lower.
"It's just decent demand for peripherals. Spanish and Italian bonds are doing well after the strong auctions this week. The Spanish (sale later on Thursday) also looks like it's going to go well. The bonds are trading well ahead of the supply," a trader said.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food