CME live cattle fall as Cargill to close beef plant
CHICAGO Jan 17 (Reuters) - CME live cattle futures fell on Thursday following an announcement by Cargill Inc that it plans to close its Plainview, Texas, beef processing plant on Feb. 1 due to tight cattle supplies as years of drought in the U.S. southern Plains shrunk the herd.
By 11:52 CST (1852 GMT), spot February was 2.700 cents per lb lower at 125.825 cents.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data