Europe shares rise on gains in retail, health stocks
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - European shares pared back earlier losses to trade in positive territory on Thursday, boosted by gains at French supermarket retailer Carrefour and at healthcare stocks.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index, which had spent much of the morning session in negative territory, was up by 0.2 percent to 1,161.96 points by around midday.
French group Carrefour added some of the most points to the FTSEurofirst 300 index as it rose 8.1 percent after posting fourth-quarter sales figures.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |