RPT-Swiss franc falls to 13-month low versus euro
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - The Swiss franc fell to a 13-month low against the euro and a one-month low against the dollar on Thursday as investors continued to cut short positions in the currency as sentiment towards the euro improved.
The euro rose 0.4 percent to 1.2434 francs on EBS trading platform, its highest since December 2011. Traders said the euro went beyond a reported options barrier at 1.2425.
The dollar rose 0.5 percent to 0.9355 francs, its highest since Dec. 11, 2012. (Reporting by Jessica Mortimer; editing by Nia Williams)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad